Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Monkey Mind

I started off with the usual  groups, Emotional, Physical, Spiritual, Mental. but already my monkey mind was trying to recategorize…

Is Yoga spiritual? Physical? Is eating well Physical? Or should Eating become it's own category, and Physical be reserved for 'working out' activities?

Does stretching then become Physical, or should it be 'Health' (like fasts). Whereas Yoga is a kind of stretching?

And hell, shouldn’t some of the mental be about learning new things for work? Should I have a work category so tdp doesn't distract me too much form my actual work?

Or the 4 HourWorkWeek idea of doing in less time, more? Should I challenge myself to do intense discrete chunks of 'work' as part of this?

Like make a most urgent thing I'm avoiding doing and block time to do it? And top 3 things I really need to get done but keep putting off. And that way stay focused and on point for them?

And spiritual? Back to that… I study lots of spiritual stuff that a normal person wouldn’t consider spiritual. For instance Buddhism is about doing, not reading!! It's about meditation, not 'thinking about it'. So does reading about it really count? Or is that more of an intellectual activity?

And the suggested "read a wiki article a day". Is that intellectual, or feeding your idea machine?

Then  things like Lumosity, for instance... Maybe I want weekends off of doing all this 5 minutes of tracking this and that. Maybe I don't always want to be doing mind games?

Categorization: a great monkey mind trait.

…but really…. everything’s interrelated..

Now: is that article yoga? or mental? or consciousness in a spiritual sense?



No comments:

Post a Comment