Thursday, 15 August 2013

Let There be Rock - the spiritual practice

I spent the weekend with in-laws and family and some aussies at my sister's wedding. I come from a family that appreciated something I’ll deem 80’s hair metal, if you will allow me that leeway.1

Sometimes when I visit, we’ll play Rockband, and we’ll crack out Supertramp or Journey songs…. when we’re feeling ballady.

Now with tdp, there’s a spiritual element: ‘reading something spiritual each day’
Studying. If I read a spiritual text (doesn’t matter what it is: Bible, Tao Te Ching, anything Zen related, even inspirational self-help stuff, doesn’t matter) I tend to feel good. This is not as powerful as praying or meditating (it doesn’t train your mind to cut out the BS) but it still makes me feel good.
From: Altucher's how-to-be-the-luckiest-guy-on-the-planet post

Usually for me it’s reading something about EFT or Yoga. Something like that. But every once in a while I like to listen to ear splitting rock n roll, and appreciate it for it’s pure primal energy..

So I count it when I do, and usually I listen to AC/DC let there be rock.

You bet! Sometimes you just gotta, you know? You just gotta.

1 Cause some of it was just rock n roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment