“My ONLY Three Goals in Life
A) I want to be happy.
B) I want to eradicate unhappiness in my life.
C) I want every day to be as smooth as possible. No hassles.
That’s it. I’m not asking for much. I need simple goals else I can’t achieve them.
There’s been at least ten times in my life that everything seemed so low I felt like I would never achieve the above three things and the world would be better off without me. Other times I felt like I was stuck at a crossroads and would never figure out which road to take. Each time I bounced back.
When I look back at these times now I realize there was a common thread. Each time there were four things, and only four things, that were always in place in order for me to bounce back. Now I try to incorporate these four things into a daily practice so I never dip low again.”
It's not that I haven't seen this stuff before. Way back when, when I was all about process and efficiency.. I saw variations of the 4 step process. They can also be seen in the 7Habits material..
“Sharpen the Saw means preserving and enhancing the greatest asset you have--you. It means having a balanced program for self-renewal in the four areas of your life: physical, social/emotional, mental, and spiritual.”Just to give it purpose other than another to do list, I’ve decided to add a bucket list component to the blog. Something I wanted to have as a blog at some point. And unless I live to be over 90, I’m right smack in the middle of my life. So it's time to start bucket listing that shit!
One of the problems with being in the middle years is that I’ve always sort of done what I wanted to anyway: I live in a cool neighbourhood, do urban things, go to burning man when I can, hang with artist and poets, like tattoos, listen to punk rawk, have done pretty much all the drugs I could ever want to, drank heavily. You know, that kind of shit.
I haven’t felt like I’ve wasted my life. Sure, I haven’t focused enough on any one things to be successful like a Jobs or Gates or anything like that, but it's been a pretty good ride. It’s karate one year and St John Ambulance the next. Know what I mean? Poor Impulse Control…
So having a ‘mid-life crisis’ would have to consist of something crazy like becoming born again, moving to the suburbs, and raising goats.
Anyhoooo, I'm having fun with the Daily Practice, and want to share. so there it is...
My Progress
No comments:
Post a Comment