Friday, 25 July 2014

Another day for you and me in Paradise

Apologies blogland.wonderland. Maybe miss.so.and.so was right, and this IS the blog I’m never going to post in again…

Welp, it’s a little over a year since I started the daily practice routine. Not sure what I can say about it that's simple and easy and won't be a 5000 word essay.. there’s good, and bad (OCD, my friends.. how many times can you flip that lightswitch on and off) and indifferent.

I’m going to say overall.. good. I’ll try to explain over the course of a few posts. A lot to cover but I want to say one thing that's happened is that it’s made me very conscious that trying to cover off on 200plus things in one day is a wee bit ambitious 1

ie, here’s the math… not counting an hour to relax, 1 for food, 1 for ‘ablutions’ for prepping for work, 2 for traveling to and from work, 6 for sleep, 1 to ‘decompress’, there’s about 12 hours killed there. 8 for work and we’re at 20 hours. So let’s be generous, and leave out chores.. and you have 4 hours to do whatever. That’s 240 minutes, leaving a little over a minute for each thing on my list of things to make me a better person… and this list includes things like watching MOOC videos on Calculus, playing a quick game of chess, reading a spiritual blog, listening to a philosophy podcast, playing with my dogs… You’d have to be insanely focused and have an almost surgical precision at triage to do it all effectively..

Anyway.. This is my progress to date...


1 231 to be exact

1 comment:

  1. If you ever have a spare minute - perhaps you could write a book (that I would be first in line for) on how to make ocd work for you - then a 2nd book on how to make dual diagnosis (autism/mental retardation) work for your son!!! You are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete